bring、carry、take、fetch、get、convey与transport这些动词均有“带、拿、取”之意。
bring : 指从某处把人或物带到或拿到说话者所在的地点,强调方向,不着重方式。
"Shall I bring anything to the party?" "Oh, just a bottle."
“我要不要带点东西参加聚会?”“噢,带瓶酒就行。”
Bring me that knife/Bring that knife to me.
把那把刀递给我。
carry : 指把物品从一个地方带到另一个地方,不涉及方向,只强调方式。
Would you like me to carry your bag for you?
要我帮你背包吗?
She carried her tired child upstairs to bed.
她将疲惫的孩子抱上楼去睡觉。
These books are too heavy for me to carry.
这些书太沉了,我搬不动。
take : 指从说话人或说话人心目中所在处把某人或某物带离开,带到离说话者有一定距离的地方,与bring的方向正相反,侧重方向,不着重方式。
The weather forecast said rain, so take your umbrella (with you) when you go out.
天气预报说有雨,所以外出时记得带伞。
The suitcases were taken to San Antonio by mistake.
由于疏忽,手提箱被带到了马德里。
fetch : 指一往一返,相当于go and bring,去取了东西或带人再返回到出发处。
Could you fetch me my glasses/fetch my glasses for me from the other room, please?
你去另一个房间帮我把眼镜拿过来好吗?
I have to fetch my mother from the station.
我得去车站接我母亲。
get : 口语用词,与fetch基本同义,语气随便。
Let me go get my glasses.
我去把眼镜拿来。
Can I get you a drink?
我给你端杯饮料,好吗?
convey : 指通过中间人传递信息,或以某种方式把人或物送到目的地。
The goods are usually conveyed by rail.
这种货物通常通过铁路运输。
Could you convey a message to Mr Merrick for me, please?
你能替我给梅里克先生传个口信吗?
transport : 指使用车辆或机械设备把人或货物从一处运载到另一处。
the transport of live animals
活体动物的运输
The company will arrange transport from the airport.
公司将负责从机场开始的交通安排。